So what am I doing here anyways?
I suppose this is a pretty bad time to start blogging, and starting my first blogging experience to boot. Most of you guys have already arrived at college, wrote about your first impressions and experiences, and/or are partying it out like no other. Well I'm still stuck at home and haven't seen or talked to in person the many of you for the greater duration of summer. Yeah, from any perspective, this is a pretty late attempt at getting back in touch.
Though admittedly, I can't say I've felt comfortable about blogging in the past. "I don't have that many interesting things going on in life to comment about." "Putting meaningful thoughts about everyday experiences down on paper requires too much effort." Or so I thought. So what's different now? I guess I really have to thank college essays for making me reflect and realize that the most interesting and worthwhile things to write about might very well come from discovering the extra-ordinary in the ordinary (please excuse my use of this clichéd phrase). And of course some friendly coercion, the bandwagon effect, and the fact that I've just returned from a 23-day trip in China (which I promise to detail as soon as I get my thoughts straight) may have something to do with it.
Ok so enough with that and let's move on to an actual intro.
I'm that kid who used to sleep on the floor every morning before class started, has a really long neck and an unmanageable crown of bed-hair, and enjoys pouncing on friends. Yes I'm that anime-obsessed, music-loving kid who likes to enjoy the fun things in life, and if you ever happen to find me laboring over coursework...you just found me at a very, very bad time.
And just because this is a blog, I'm obligated to say that I'm a bad writer. A bad writer who cannot write anything meaningful without taking a really long time; my endeavors in Mr. Williams' English class and my 680 on the SAT writing section are testaments to this remarkable quality. Outside of school, I literally have no experience in the creative writing thought process. Never kept a diary, didn't have a xanga or the likes, and not at all active on Facebook. The only thing I can remember was one attempt at writing a fan-fiction that served more of a purpose as experimentation for lyrical passage-writing than having any meaningful content plot-wise. Oh well...
I don't want to drag my first post on for too long, so I guess this is it for now. If things go well, which I hope they do, this first attempt at blogging might turn into a memorable experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

OMG DANGO
ReplyDeleteHAI. about time
I am Ray... IWAMATSU.
ReplyDeletePoor Ray Penbur =(
ReplyDeleteWelcome to blogger, Yangbo.
HAI I HAZ DISCOVERED YOUR BLOGZORS
ReplyDelete=DDDDD