Monday, January 18, 2010

End of the Line.

Being alive is nice after all.

24 hours and 17 pages.

I can't remember the last time I felt so overjoyed to have completed an exam with reasonable confidence. But for that final, mere completion felt like a great accomplishment in its own right. It was proof of having survived MAT215, having survived one of the hardest, if not the hardest course offered to first semester freshmen.

Well MAT215, it has been a pleasure. You've humbled us, and challenged us to our wit's end (ok so only some of us who suck at proofs). You've pitted us against IMO qualifiers, international math majors, RSI participants, and the Mysterious Six. At times, you've made us laugh at our own incompetence, and on other occasions, wallow in utter despair (from sleep-deprivation). You've taught us to write rigorous proofs (albeit bashing it into our heads week after week with many points docked). And you've helped forge many friendships, born out of the human instinct to survive (i.e. for our grade's sake).

But the time has come for us to say, "No more." Our hands are tired, our textbooks worn. So before week of finals end, we present our final tribute:


170 pages of handwritten proofs


Stained with blood Written with love and care


Left: Workload from 1st half of the semester
Right: X_x x_X щ(゚Д゚щ)


(゚Д゚)

9 comments:

  1. typo! 24 hours and 170 pages =P

    gj! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should feel great! rock on, yangbo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @jenny: nope, the final itself was 17 pages :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol your final makes me think back to Dell's final project. I had 25 pages of handwritten proofs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are incredible, Yangbo. I would have perished long before the start of the second page. Haha =P

    ReplyDelete
  6. 17 >_>

    This is Jared's doing no doubt.

    In more sensible talk, congrats man. What're you taking next sem? =P

    ReplyDelete
  7. 17 and 170 xD

    Next semester:
    Optimization
    Intensive Intermediate Chinese
    Microeconomics
    Advanced Linear Algebra (required)
    Writing Seminar

    Seems like I'll have more problem sets next semester, but I doubt any will compare to mat215's >_>. Hopefully I'll have more free time. :D

    ReplyDelete